Laziness: The Silent Dream Killer That Holds You Back From Success

Image
 Someone has truly said that opportunity comes into every person's life, but recognizing and seizing it is not something everyone is capable of. Fate surely knocks on the door, but opening that door is in our own hands. Laziness is the termite that hollows out a person's dreams from within, little by little. I firmly believe that the biggest enemy standing between you and your destination is no one else — not poverty, not fate, not circumstances — your biggest enemy is laziness. Laziness is the thief that steals your hard work. Laziness is the poison that slowly kills your dreams. And laziness is the wall that stands between you and your success, keeping you apart. How does laziness become an obstacle in our success : The Real Reason Most People Never Succeed                                                                 ...

Live Your Beliefs And You Can Turn The World Around.


In this world, no one will stay with you till the end, because every person here is bound by their own self-interest. This is a bitter truth, but the sooner you understand it, the better. As long as you keep relying on others, you'll keep meeting sorrow — because your real strength doesn't lie in others, it lies hidden within you. People will keep coming and going, but only the trust you place in yourself will keep you from wavering.

Loneliness can be your greatest teacher, if you understand it. The day you accept that the responsibility for your happiness is yours alone, not anyone else's — that day you'll become free. Don't be afraid of self-interest; just know this — everyone is busy in their own world. Stop expecting things from others, because expectation itself is the root of sorrow. Once you become self-reliant, no one will be able to leave you.

Just remember this: your real companion is your struggle, and your real strength is the courage to walk alone.

Keeping a few things in mind will boost your confidence in yourself.

Face the Reality of Life

                                                                                     Accept Reality 

Face the challenges and realities of lif with an open heart, realism, and positivity.If I say that the very truth you are running from could change your life

, then will you face that truth? Suffering is born not from truth, but from running away from it. The day a person accepts their mistakes, faces their fears, and recognizes the illusions of their mind — that very day, change begins in their life.

Friends, have you ever thought about what the right way to live life is — how can we find happiness and peace in our lives? There are only two kinds of states in life: either you are 'living,' or you are merely 'existing.' The real meaning of living is that you are experiencing every moment with complete awareness.

Now take the example of a Pakistani girl facing life's challenges, Malala Yousafzai. A young girl in Pakistan loved studying very much, but the Taliban banned girls from going to school. Malala didn't stay silent — she raised her voice. At the age of 15, the Taliban shot her in the head. Everyone thought the story had ended, but Malala survived and came back even stronger. Today, she is the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Why Self-Reliance Is the Key to Freedom

                                                                                         Trust yourself first 

My father always used to say that an Indian woman is dependent on her father in childhood, on her husband after marriage, and on her children in old age — that she spends her whole life bound to others, unable to make most of her own decisions, because she is never truly self-reliant and depends on others for her every need.

But today times have changed. Today's Indian woman is a woman of independent thinking. She is delivering top performance in every field. Economically too, she is earning equal to men. I am also a woman of today — I am also improving along with the times. I did Mass Communication, did a course in Digital Marketing, and I am working as a professional blogger. My networking on LinkedIn is quite strong.

Self-reliance (Atmanirbharta) is also important because when a person earns their own money, they can make their personal decisions on their own. They don't need to take permission from others. They can work according to their own interests and take their future to new heights. Along with this, they also gain a lot of respect in society

Stop Seeking Validation from Others

                                                                                            Validate yourself 

All of us want to live well, there's no problem in that. But I want to live better than others — this is a big problem. A person's life is not determined by what others think of us; it is determined by how we think of ourselves. Most people need approval from others, they compare themselves to others, because we are taught this since childhood — go along with the world's ways, become good in the eyes of the world's people. Everyone wants approval from the world.

Trust yourself. No matter how much the world talks, the real strength lies within you. When you believe in yourself, no difficulty can stop you. Success or failure are just external things — real change comes from within.

"When I was young, I too had a lot of lack of self-confidence. In small things, I would seek approval from others. Even when it came to my studies and career, I would ask others for advice on what I should do, and then I would also feel tension. Then, gradually, I started building my self-confidence and made some strong decisions about myself. Now I am happy in my life, because now I don't need external validation

Trust Yourself More Than Anyone Else

                                                                                          Self trust creates success 

Never think less of yourself. If the world underestimates you, don't worry. Trust yourself, because the pain you experience makes you stronger than before. If life is putting you through hardships today, understand that it's preparing you for a bigger achievement ahead. Every stumble teaches you something; every struggle gives new strength to your courage. Remember, life tests everyone — the only difference is that some people give up in the face of difficulties, while others turn those very difficulties into the stairway to their success.

Whatever you want in life — whether it's making a name for yourself or earning money — never hesitate for it. Try to achieve what your heart desires with your full strength and effort, and do everything that brings you closer to your dreams

Thomas Edison is very famous for believing in himself. He invented many things, but his most famous invention is the light bulb. He experimented 10,000 times for this. People told him he wouldn't be able to do it, but he had complete faith in himself, and after his hard work, his invention of the bulb became successful.


The Hidden Power of Standing Alone

                                                                                      Your strongest ally is you 

Do you know what the biggest weakness of your life is? It's not poverty, it's not failure. The biggest weakness of your life is that you're still waiting for someone to come and change your life. But the reality of life is that no one is coming. When you break down, people will show sympathy for a while and then move on. When you fail, people will mock you.

The day you accept this truth, that's the day your real strength will be born. As long as you depend on others, you'll remain weak. The day you learn to stand on your own feet, no power in the world will be able to stop you. The greatest skill in life is not earning money, it's standing alone. Loneliness is a weakness, but standing alone is a superpower. Become so complete within yourself that your happiness and your self-confidence no longer depend on anyone else.
If we take an example of a lone and empowered person, Dashrath Manjhi is quite famous. In 1959 in Bihar, Dashrath Manjhi's wife was ill, and to reach the nearest hospital, a huge mountain had to be crossed, which he wasn't able to do, and because of this his wife died. Most people accept this as fate and move on, but Dashrath Manjhi refused to accept it as fate and decided to break the mountain. Most people mocked him, but he kept working without stopping for 22 years, and eventually he turned a 55 km route into a 15 km route. That one man's determination changed the lives of thousands of people.

Learn to Be Your Own Support System

                                                                    Stand by yourself first 

I heard somewhere that thousands of people show up to give advice, but when it comes to actually standing by you, no one turns up. After a win, the whole world embraces you — but when hard times come, even the people who stood beside you might turn against you. No one respects you without reason. So make yourself so capable that people respect you even without any reason to.

In life's difficult times, you have to become your own support. You must always remind yourself that God is with you. Become your own companion, depend on yourself, and do everything on your own. Don't depend on anyone else — you'll have to do everything by your own strength, because the bitter truth is that in life, no one truly helps anyone.

People who are strong within themselves overcome any difficulty. I have a friend, Melissa Talal, who lives in America. She has struggled with the mental health system and illnesses like bipolar disorder. After 23 years of dealing with her illness and being hospitalized multiple times, she was able to come out of disability. She later graduated in public policy, and then started a part-time job with her union. She is a living example of self-empowerment."

Break Free from Emotional Dependence

                                                                            Be your own safe place

Are you tired of feeling that your happiness is tied to other people's actions or moods? Emotional dependency can keep you trapped in a cycle of seeking validation and fulfillment from others instead of looking within yourself. But the good news is that you can break free from this cycle and reclaim your inner peace.

Emotional independence means that your emotions are under your own control — your happiness, sadness, and self-respect are not affected by someone else's thoughts and behavior. You may meet and connect with people, but don't become emotionally enslaved to them. If you don't want to remain emotionally dependent, respect yourself and don't rely on anyone else for your happiness.

Earlier, I too suffered a lot from emotional dependency because I used social media, FB, and Instagram a lot. I liked posting my pics in different styles. What kind of comments people were making about me, what kind of pics others were posting, how successful they were in life — all of this gradually started increasing my anxiety. But now I've removed FB and Instagram from my phone and I'm focusing completely on my blog writing. Now I feel more peace than before.

How Expectations Create Disappointment


                                                                                         Be your own safe place

Don't blame any person for not fulfilling your expectations — blame yourself for having expectations in the first place. No person can ever fulfill another person's expectations. If you want to hope for something, hope from yourself. Build yourself on your own. Life doesn't run on relying on others


This thought runs very deep — one should never place hope in another person in life, because when hope breaks, it causes immense pain.We always end up getting hurt — this person didn't stand by us, that one didn't help me in my bad times when I needed it, this person didn't do this thing for me. But I believe that the more you expect from others, the more disappointment life will hand you. So stop expecting things from people — instead, become strong on your own.

I have observed the people around me — they don't do their own work properly, but they expect a lot from the government, and they keep cursing the government all the time, saying the government should do this and that — only then will the country prosper. My own neighbour is a good example — he has a lot of complaints against the world, but he doesn't do his own work properly

The Confidence That Comes from Self-Belief

                                                                                    Believe Achieve 

We must become the kind of person we can be proud of. But how will that happen if you bow your head before every small hardship? Make yourself into someone you can like. As for others — they may not even notice my faults, my shortcomings, because others are distant observers. But I know exactly where I go wrong. That is what it means to like yourself — I may be acquitted in the court of others, but the harshest judge is myself.

Self-confidence is very important. See, whatever you believe with full conviction, that's what you become — meaning, if you believe you can win any battle, you will win. The best way to build self-confidence is this: whatever small promise you make to yourself, fulfill it immediately. Then, doing bigger tasks won't feel as hard

I'll give my own example. Until 12th grade, my self-confidence was at a rock-bottom level — I saw myself as weak. Then I read some motivational books and brought about a small change in myself — I started meditating and exercising every morning, and built the habit of writing something good every day. In Delhi, I did an internship for a few days at Punjab Kesari newspaper, and completed a mass communication course. Today, I am a professional blogger, and I'm happy with my journey.

Conclusion 

If you have come to believe that whatever happens, happens for the good, then no matter how bad the situation gets, your morale/willpower will never Break nothing remains impossible before a human being's firm resolve. Whenever a person, with firm determination and unwavering faith, takes up the responsibility of any task, divine power itself is compelled to come to their aid.

"If you want to boost your self-confidence, first write down the qualities that make you special. Recognize your weaknesses and work on them. Focus on what you want, write down your goals, and work towards them gradually. With self-confidence, you will succeed.





If you found this article helpful , please  share it with others ! Leave a comment  and let me know your thoughts !












Comments

  1. It was a wonderful experience reading the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really resonated with me. The way you’ve blended personal experience with mindfulness concepts makes it feel authentic and relatable, not just theoretical. I especially loved the idea that healing isn’t linear and that simply observing our thoughts can loosen their grip over time. Your honesty about fear, self-doubt, and learning to “show up” is powerful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing something so real—it’s a reminder that growth begins with awareness and courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think growth meant becoming someone new.Turns out ,it's about remembering who I was before the world told me who to be.

      Delete
  3. Very nice article thanku so much it has given so much clarity about exactly what is mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great blog with a great point

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great insight
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Insight about mindfulness, give great clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved yoour post I am at a point in my life with my first baby being born in June, getting laid off my company after a sick leave, running out of budget and in parallel founding my own startup on deterministic AI governance. Namasté thanks again for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay thanks for the sharing your experience god bless you

      Delete
  8. This is such a deeply grounding and raw reflection on self-reliance! It’s so easy to fall into the trap of seeking external validation or tying our peace of mind to other people's actions, especially in the digital age. Your personal journey—from stepping away from social media noise to building a fulfilling path as a professional blogger—is a true testament to the power of standing on your own two feet.

    Stories like those of Malala, Thomas Edison, and Dashrath Manjhi remind us that real transformation begins the moment we stop waiting for a savior and decide to become our own support system. Thank you for sharing such an empowering reminder that our greatest strength is the courage to walk alone and trust our inner resilience. Truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yes, our greatest strength is ourselves. When we accept that no one will help us, that we have to help ourselves, that's when life's true journey begins. We will have to cover life's path alone, only then will we achieve success."

      Delete
  9. A powerful reflection, Ritika. I really liked the way you connect self-reliance with freedom, confidence and emotional independence. The reminder that our happiness cannot depend only on other people’s approval feels very important, especially in a world where comparison is so constant. Trusting ourselves, keeping small promises and learning to stand on our own are such meaningful steps toward real inner strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yes, people these days are more caught up in comparison, and with the arrival of social media, this comparison has increased even more. But I believe that a person already knows their own shortcomings, and they should work on that shortcoming, walk alone, and become the best version of themselves

      Delete
    2. A thoughtful reminder that self-confidence isn't something we're given—it's something we build, one decision at a time. I particularly appreciated the emphasis on self-respect, personal responsibility, and the courage to keep moving forward despite difficulties. Real empowerment doesn't come from waiting for external validation; it comes from trusting ourselves enough to take the next step. Thank you for sharing such an encouraging reflection.

      Delete
    3. Ritika, I just finished reading your latest piece. I wanted to send a direct note because this one truly hit home for me. Seeing you highlight Melissa Talal’s battle with the mental health system felt like a quiet, profound nod of solidarity, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that right now.

      You are absolutely right, when the real storms hit and systems fail, finding the strength to be your own support system is everything. The emotional independence you are building for yourself, from stepping back from the noise of social media to trusting your own voice, shines through every word.

      Thank you for being such a grounded, resilient friend, and for putting this out into the world. It was exactly what I needed to read today.
      Namasté and Namo Budhaya
      Martin Riotorto

      Delete
  10. Powerful message! Small actions guided by strong values can create a lasting impact. Really enjoyed reading this. 👏

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very true. I always like the Jack Welch quote, "Control your own destiny, or someone else will" - that starts with knowing yourself and deciding what you want to achieve in life. Tony

    ReplyDelete
  12. Self‑reliance isn’t about isolation; it’s about discovering the power within, when we trust ourselves, expectations fade, confidence rises, and life becomes lighter.
    A beautiful reminder that success starts the moment we choose ourselves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“Your feedback is valuable. Please keep comments respectful and relevant.”

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Of Visualisation

How Empathy Can Transform Your Mindset and Boost Personal Growth”

“Stop Seeking Validation and Start Believing in Yourself”