AISA AI Fluency Assessment: My Honest Review After Scoring 49/100 — The Dabbler
AISA AI Fluency Assessment: My Honest Review After Scoring 49/100 (The Dabbler)
Artificial Intelligence has become an important part of how many professionals work, create, communicate, and solve problems. As a Professional Blogger and Content Creator, I regularly explore AI tools and their potential to support content creation and productivity. However, using AI tools and truly understanding how to work effectively with AI are two different things.
That curiosity is what led me to take the AISA (AI Skills Assessment).
I wanted to understand where I currently stand in terms of AI fluency, critical thinking, prompting, workflow application, technical understanding, and responsible AI use. The result was interesting, honest, and, in some areas, surprising.
My overall score was 49 out of 100, placing me in the "The Dabbler" category within the Developing Tier.
While the score was not as high as I might have hoped, the assessment gave me something more valuable than a simple number: a clearer picture of the areas where I need to improve.
My Overall AISA Score: 49/100
According to my assessment report, I received an overall score of 49/100.
My tier was described as "The Dabbler", with the description:
"Tries things out — hasn't locked in a rhythm yet."
At first, seeing the word "Dabbler" might sound disappointing. However, when I looked at the result more carefully, I understood the assessment in a different way.
Being a Dabbler does not necessarily mean that someone knows nothing about AI. Instead, it suggests that a person is experimenting, exploring different possibilities, and developing their understanding but may not yet have a consistent or structured approach to using AI.
For me, this description made sense.
As a blogger and content creator, I have explored AI tools for different purposes. However, this assessment made me reflect on an important question:
Am I simply using AI tools, or am I developing a strong and effective AI workflow?
That difference is significant.
My Score Breakdown Across Five AI Skills
The AISA assessment evaluated my performance across several different dimensions. Here is how my scores were broken down.
1. Prompting & Communication: 57
My highest score was 57 in Prompting & Communication, placing me in the Developing category.
This area focuses on how effectively a person communicates with AI systems and gives instructions to receive useful responses.
As a content creator, prompting is something I use regularly. Whether I am brainstorming ideas, improving content, exploring topics, or asking an AI tool to help structure information, the quality of the instructions matters.
This score suggests that I have some useful prompting skills but still have room to become more precise and strategic.
I believe effective prompting is not simply about writing a long question. It is about clearly communicating:
- What you want
- Why you need it
- Who the audience is
- What format you prefer
- What tone should be used
- What limitations or requirements matter
The better the communication, the more useful the AI response can become.
2. Critical Thinking: 45
My score for Critical Thinking was 45.
This was an important reminder that AI-generated information should never be accepted without thinking critically about it.
AI can provide ideas, summaries, suggestions, and explanations very quickly. However, speed does not always mean accuracy.
As users, we still need to ask questions such as:
- Is this information correct?
- Is the response relevant to my actual goal?
- Could there be missing context?
- Is the information biased?
- Should I verify this from another source?
For bloggers and content creators, critical thinking is especially important.
Publishing inaccurate information can damage credibility. AI should therefore be treated as a tool that supports human thinking rather than a replacement for it.
My score in this area showed me that I need to become more consistent in evaluating AI outputs and questioning information before using it.
3. Technical Understanding: 50
My score for Technical Understanding was 50.
This was one of the more balanced areas of my assessment.
Understanding AI does not necessarily mean becoming a programmer or AI engineer. For many professionals, technical understanding means having a basic awareness of how AI systems work, what their limitations are, and where they can and cannot be trusted.
For example, it is useful to understand that AI can sometimes:
- Produce incorrect information
- Misinterpret instructions
- Generate confident but inaccurate responses
- Reflect bias from training data
- Require human review and fact-checking
As AI becomes more integrated into professional workflows, even non-technical users can benefit from understanding these limitations.
My score of 50 suggests that I have a developing understanding but still have plenty to learn.
[INSERT IMAGE 3 HERE – Technical Understanding and Critical Thinking Scores]
4. Workflow & Application: 42
My lowest active score was in Workflow & Application, where I received 42.
For me, this was probably one of the most useful parts of the assessment.
There is a major difference between occasionally using an AI tool and integrating AI effectively into a daily workflow.
For example, a content creator might use AI for:
- Research assistance
- Topic brainstorming
- Content outlines
- Editing and proofreading
- Social media ideas
- SEO research support
- Content repurposing
- Productivity planning
However, using these features separately is different from creating a structured workflow where AI supports multiple stages of a project efficiently.
My score of 42 made me think about how I currently use AI.
Do I have a repeatable system?
Am I using the right tools for the right tasks?
Could I save more time by developing a better workflow?
These are questions I plan to explore further.
For bloggers and content creators, workflow development may be one of the most practical areas of AI fluency because it can directly affect productivity and consistency.
5. Safety & Responsibility: 0
The most surprising part of my report was my score of 0 in Safety & Responsibility.
This is clearly an area where I need to learn more.
Responsible AI use includes understanding issues related to:
- Privacy
- Data protection
- Bias
- Transparency
- Copyright
- Ethical use of AI
- Responsible decision-making
As AI tools become increasingly common, knowing how to use them responsibly is just as important as knowing how to use them effectively.
A powerful tool can create problems when used carelessly.
For content creators, responsible AI use may include checking facts, protecting private information, avoiding plagiarism, respecting copyright, and being transparent when appropriate about how AI has been used.
My score highlighted this as one of my biggest areas for future improvement
.
[INSERT IMAGE 4 HERE – Safety & Responsibility Score and Related Report Section]
The Report Confidence Notice: An Important Part of My Experience
One of the most important parts of my AISA report was the Report Confidence Notice.
The system indicated that it suspected external help may have been used during the assessment, such as content being pasted from another AI tool.
Because of this, the confidence in my report was lower than usual.
This is important to mention because it affected how the assessment result should be interpreted.
The report also provided an option to report the issue if the assessment had been completed honestly without outside help.
In my opinion, this confidence notice is an interesting feature because it shows that assessment platforms are also trying to address a major challenge in AI-related evaluations:
How can an AI skills assessment accurately measure a person's own abilities when AI tools themselves are easily available?
This is not a simple problem.
AI can help people perform tasks, but an assessment is designed to understand what a person can do independently. Therefore, maintaining assessment integrity becomes important.
The confidence warning also appears to have affected some features of my result. For example, the shareable certificate option was not available for this particular assessment.
[INSERT IMAGE 5 HERE – Report Confidence Notice / External Help Warning]
Session Details
The report also included detailed session information.
My assessment session showed:
- 361 minutes
- 14 turns
- 29 messages in the full transcript
- Scoring against 7 criteria
- 19 evidence items
I found this level of detail interesting because it suggests that the assessment is not simply based on a single multiple-choice score.
Instead, the system appears to evaluate evidence from the interaction and performance throughout the assessment.
For anyone interested in understanding AI fluency, this type of approach may provide a more detailed perspective than a traditional test.
What Does "The Dabbler" Mean to Me?
After looking at my complete report, I do not see "The Dabbler" as a negative label.
I see it as a starting point.
Everyone who develops a new skill begins somewhere.
AI is also changing very quickly. New tools, models, workflows, and capabilities continue to emerge. Even people who already use AI regularly need to keep learning.
My score showed that I have experience and familiarity with some aspects of AI, particularly communication and prompting. However, I also need to improve in critical thinking, workflow application, technical understanding, and especially safety and responsibility.
That is valuable information.
Sometimes a low or average score can teach us more than a high score because it shows us exactly where we need to focus.
What AISA Offers After the Assessment
After completing the assessment, AISA also presented several next-step options.
One option was an AI Fluency Map, described as a personalized roadmap and action plan.
Another option was AISA AI Coaching, which offered daily lessons and two-way coaching.
There was also a "Prove it" feature for a shareable AI Skills and Fluency Certificate, although this option was not available for my particular assessment result.
The platform also included options for companies interested in workforce AI-readiness assessment, as well as sharing, challenging friends, and exploring the Global AI Skills Leaderboard.
These additional features suggest that AISA is designed not only to provide a score but also to encourage continued learning and skill development.
My Honest Opinion About the Assessment
Overall, my experience with the AISA AI Fluency Assessment was thought-provoking.
The score of 49/100 was not necessarily the result I wanted, but it gave me useful feedback.
The biggest lesson for me was that using AI tools is not the same as being AI fluent.
AI fluency requires more than knowing how to ask a chatbot a question.
It can involve:
- Communicating effectively with AI
- Thinking critically about AI responses
- Understanding technical limitations
- Building practical workflows
- Using AI safely and responsibly
My assessment showed strengths in some areas and important gaps in others.
The confidence notice was also an important part of the experience. Anyone taking an assessment like this should understand the platform's rules and complete the evaluation as independently and honestly as possible to ensure that the results accurately represent their own abilities.
Final Thoughts
My AISA result was 49/100 — The Dabbler.
Would I have preferred a higher score? Of course.
But I also believe that honest feedback can be more useful than simply receiving a good score.
This assessment gave me an opportunity to reflect on how I currently use AI as a Professional Blogger and Content Creator.
My next goal is not simply to improve a number.
It is to become more confident and capable in using AI thoughtfully, critically, efficiently, and responsibly.
AI skills are becoming increasingly important across many professions, and I believe assessments like this can encourage people to look honestly at where they are today and where they want to improve.
For me, 49/100 is not the end of the journey. It is simply a starting point for learning more.
If you have taken an AI skills assessment yourself, I would be interested to know: Did the results match your expectations, or did you discover areas where you still have room to grow?





Comments
Post a Comment
“Your feedback is valuable. Please keep comments respectful and relevant.”