Why We Keep Waiting for the Right Time to Change Our Lives

 The first step toward changing yourself begins when you tell yourself, “I want to change my life.” Until you make this decision, no one else can come and change your life for you. People keep waiting for the right time, but the truth is that the right time never comes. Take one small decision today—give up a bad habit or develop a good one. Then see how your life begins to change. Don’t wait for the right time; instead, make your time right Don’t wait for the right time to change your life. The people who think you are weak today will listen to your success story tomorrow. Keep moving forward a little every day. Remember, many people dream, but only a few work to turn their dreams into reality. Work hard today so that tomorrow your name becomes your own identity. Why Do We Keep Waiting for the Right Time? Many people keep saying that now is not the right time. They think they will start when things get better, when their fear becomes less, and when everything is fine. But the trut...

AISA AI Fluency Assessment: My Honest Review After Scoring 49/100 — The Dabbler


AISA AI Fluency Assessment: My Honest Review After Scoring 49/100 (The Dabbler)

Artificial Intelligence has become an increasingly important part of how professionals work, create, communicate, and solve problems. As a Professional Blogger and Content Creator, I regularly explore AI tools and their potential to support content creation and productivity.

However, using AI tools and truly understanding how to work effectively with AI are two different things.

That curiosity led me to take the AISA (AI Skills Assessment). I wanted to understand where I currently stand in areas such as prompting, critical thinking, technical understanding, workflow application, and responsible AI use.

My result was interesting, honest, and, in some areas, surprising.

I scored 49 out of 100, placing me in the “The Dabbler” category within the Developing Tier.

While it was not the score I might have hoped for, the assessment gave me something more valuable than just a number: a clearer understanding of my current strengths and the areas where I need to improve.

My Overall AISA Score: 49/100

                    My AISA Assessment Report 

According to my assessment report, I received an overall score of 49/100.

My tier was described as “The Dabbler,” with the description:

“Tries things out — hasn't locked in a rhythm yet.”

At first, the word “Dabbler” might sound slightly disappointing. However, after looking more closely at the results, I saw it differently.

To me, being a Dabbler does not mean knowing nothing about AI. Instead, it suggests that someone is exploring, experimenting, and developing their understanding but may not yet have a consistent or structured approach.

As a blogger and content creator, I have explored AI tools for different purposes. However, this assessment made me reflect on an important question:

Am I simply using AI tools, or am I building an effective AI workflow?

That difference is significant.

My Score Breakdown Across Five AI Skills

The assessment evaluated my performance across several important areas of AI fluency.

1. Prompting & Communication: 57

My highest score was 57 in Prompting & Communication.

This area focuses on how effectively a person communicates with AI systems and provides instructions to receive useful responses.

As a content creator, prompting is something I use regularly. Whether I am brainstorming ideas, improving content, exploring topics, or structuring information, the quality of the instructions can influence the quality of the AI's response.

This score suggests that I have some useful prompting skills but still have room to become more precise and strategic.

Effective prompting is not simply about writing a long question. It also involves clearly communicating what you need, who the audience is, what format you prefer, and what requirements or limitations matter.

https://guptaritika361.blogspot.com/2026/08/is-ai-making-us-more-productiveor-more.html

2. Critical Thinking: 45

My score for Critical Thinking was 45.

This was an important reminder that AI-generated information should never be accepted without careful evaluation.

AI can provide ideas, summaries, suggestions, and explanations quickly, but speed does not always mean accuracy.

As users, we still need to ask questions such as:

Is this information correct?

Is the response relevant to my goal?

Could important context be missing?

Is there any bias?

Should I verify this information elsewhere?

For bloggers and content creators, critical thinking is especially important because publishing inaccurate information can affect credibility.

My score showed me that I need to become more consistent in evaluating and questioning AI-generated information before using it.

3. Technical Understanding: 50

My score for Technical Understanding was 50.

For me, this was one of the more balanced areas of the assessment.

Understanding AI does not necessarily mean becoming a programmer or AI engineer. For many professionals, it means having a basic understanding of how AI works, recognizing its limitations, and knowing where human judgment is still necessary.

For example, AI can sometimes produce incorrect information, misinterpret instructions, generate confident but inaccurate responses, or reflect bias.

My score of 50 suggests that I have a developing understanding but still have plenty to learn.

        Technical Understanding and Critical                                      Thinking Scores

4. Workflow & Application: 42

My score for Workflow & Application was 42, making it one of my biggest areas for improvement.

There is a major difference between occasionally using an AI tool and integrating AI effectively into a daily workflow.

A content creator might use AI for research assistance, topic brainstorming, content outlines, editing, social media ideas, SEO support, and content repurposing.

However, using these tools separately is different from creating a structured and repeatable workflow.

This score made me reflect on questions such as:

Do I have a repeatable system? Am I using the right AI tools for the right tasks? Could I save more time by improving my workflow?

For bloggers and content creators, workflow development can directly affect productivity and consistency.

5. Safety & Responsibility: 0

The most surprising part of my report was my score of 0 in Safety & Responsibility.

This is clearly one of my biggest areas for future learning.

Responsible AI use includes understanding issues related to privacy, data protection, bias, copyright, transparency, ethical use, and responsible decision-making.

For content creators, responsible AI use may include protecting private information, checking facts, avoiding plagiarism, respecting copyright, and reviewing AI-generated content carefully.

My score highlighted an important gap in my current understanding and gave me a clear area to focus on improving.   

                     Safety & Responsibility Score

The Report Confidence Notice

Another important part of my experience was the Report Confidence Notice.

The system indicated that it suspected external help may have been used during the assessment, such as content being pasted from another AI tool. Because of this, the confidence in my report was lower than usual.

This is important because it affects how the assessment results should be interpreted.

In my opinion, this is an interesting feature because AI assessments face a major challenge:

How can a platform accurately measure a person's AI abilities when AI tools themselves are easily available?

An assessment is designed to understand what someone can do independently. Therefore, completing it honestly and following the platform's rules is important for receiving a meaningful result.

The confidence warning also appeared to affect some features of my result, including the availability of a shareable certificate.

                        Report Confidence Notice

What Does “The Dabbler” Mean to Me?

After reviewing my complete report, I do not see “The Dabbler” as a negative label.

I see it as a starting point.

AI is changing rapidly, and even people who regularly use AI tools need to continue learning. My results showed that I have some strengths, particularly in prompting and communication, but I also need to improve my critical thinking, workflow development, technical understanding, and especially my knowledge of safety and responsibility.

Sometimes an average score can be useful because it shows us where we need to focus.

My Honest Opinion About the Assessment

Overall, my experience with the AISA AI Fluency Assessment was thought-provoking.

The biggest lesson for me was simple:

Using AI tools is not the same as being AI fluent.

AI fluency can involve communicating effectively with AI, thinking critically about its responses, understanding its limitations, building practical workflows, and using it responsibly.

My score of 49/100 was not necessarily the result I wanted, but it gave me useful feedback and encouraged me to think more seriously about how I use AI in my work as a Professional Blogger and Content Creator.

Final Thoughts

My AISA result was 49/100 — The Dabbler.

Would I have preferred a higher score? Of course.

But honest feedback can sometimes be more valuable than simply receiving a good score.

This assessment gave me an opportunity to reflect on my current AI skills and identify areas where I can grow.

My next goal is not simply to improve a number. It is to become more confident and capable in using AI thoughtfully, critically, efficiently, and responsibly.

For me, 49/100 is not the end of the journey. It is simply a starting point for learning more.

If you have taken an AI skills assessment yourself, did the results match your expectations, or did you discover areas where you still have room to grow?


Comments

  1. I keep coming back to the idea that productivity may be the wrong measurement by itself. AI can unquestionably help us produce more, faster. But I’m increasingly interested in what happens to human capability in the process.

    After using the technology, are we better able to question, reason, decide and solve the next problem, or simply better able to produce the next output?

    Perhaps the goal shouldn’t be AI that makes humans more productive, but systems where the technology becomes more capable while the humans using it become more capable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. According to me, AI should not only help us do things faster; it should also help us think better. If we become dependent on AI for every decision or solution, productivity may increase while our own capabilities gradually weaken. The real value of AI, in my view, is when it works alongside human thinking—helping us question, learn, verify, and make better decisions. The goal should be Human + AI, where both technology and human capability grow together.

      Delete
    2. I think we're entering a stage where access to the technology is becoming less of a differentiator than knowing where and how to apply it well. A 49/100 might not have been the score you hoped for, but being willing to expose the gaps and learn from them is probably far more valuable than simply being able to say you use AI. Great reflection.

      Delete
    3. I think we're entering a stage where access to the technology is becoming less of a differentiator than knowing where and how to apply it well. A 49/100 might not have been the score you hoped for, but being willing to expose the gaps and learn from them is probably far more valuable than simply being able to say you use AI. Great reflection.

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much for understanding me so well. Your words truly reflect what I have learned from this experience. The 49/100 was not the score I had hoped for, but it helped me identify my gaps and showed me where I need to improve. I believe being honest about where we are is the first step toward meaningful growth.

      Delete
    5. Such an interesting exercise. I think one of the biggest misunderstandings around AI fluency is assuming that frequent use equals real competence. It doesn’t. Knowing how to generate an answer is only one small part of it. Knowing how to challenge that answer, verify it, place it inside a good workflow and understand the ethical implications is where the deeper skill starts. Really valuable that you shared the gaps as openly as the strengths.

      Delete
  2. Ritika, this is an excellent blog, and I really appreciate the honesty and self-reflection behind it.

    What makes this especially valuable is that you didn’t simply share a score of 49/100-you used the results as an opportunity to learn, reflect, and identify where you can grow. That mindset is far more important than the number itself.

    Here are 10 things I personally think make this blog stand out:

    1. Honesty - You openly shared a score that many people might have been uncomfortable publishing.
    2. Self-awareness - You recognized both your strengths and the areas where you have room to improve.
    3. Growth mindset - You viewed “The Dabbler” not as a failure, but as a starting point.
    4. Accountability - You took ownership of the results rather than making excuses for them.
    5. Critical thinking - You recognized that using AI is not the same as understanding or evaluating AI.
    6. Practical application - You connected AI skills to real workflows, productivity, content creation, and professional responsibilities.
    7. Responsible AI - You acknowledged that safety, privacy, copyright, bias, and ethics cannot be overlooked.
    8. Continuous learning - You made it clear that AI fluency is a journey, not a destination.
    9. Real reflection - You asked the harder question: “Am I simply using AI tools, or am I building an effective AI workflow?”
    10. The right perspective - You understand that the goal isn't simply to improve a score. It is to become more capable, thoughtful, efficient, and responsible in how you use AI.

    And I would add one more personal thought to your message:

    Knowledge matters. Skill matters. Experience matters.

    But effort and mindset matter just as much.

    You can have tremendous knowledge and never put it into action. You can have talent and never develop it. You can receive feedback and choose to ignore it.

    What separates growth from stagnation is the willingness to keep learning, keep experimenting, accept uncomfortable feedback, and put in the effort to get better.

    Your 49/100 isn't a definition of your ability. It's a measurement of where you were at that moment.

    What matters now is what you do with it.

    That is where effort, persistence, curiosity, and mindset become the difference-maker.

    Excellent work, and I am very proud of you Ritika. This is exactly the kind of honest conversation we need as AI continues to reshape how we work and learn.

    Giovanni A. Amato
    President & CEO Emeritus
    Healthcare Executive & Strategic Advisor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and detailed response. You understood the real intention behind my blog so well. For me, the 49/100 score was not just a number; it became an opportunity to reflect, learn, and understand where I need to grow. I truly appreciate the way you highlighted these points and captured the message I wanted to convey. Your words mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  3. Ritika. This is a beautiful, thoughtful & very human reflection & it reads exactly like someone who is learning honestly, not someone chasing a perfect score. Here is a structured, sanctuary‑calm analysis of what you wrote, what it communicates & how you can turn this into a powerful piece of your personal narrative as someone growing in AI fluency. Your write‑up is strong, sincere & grounded. It clearly communicates:
    Humility without self‑criticism, Curiosity without ego, Growth without defensiveness
    & it positions you as someone who is actively developing real AI fluency, not just using tools casually. You framed the score as a starting point, not a judgment
    This is the most important part. You didn’t treat 49/100 as a failure, you treated it as data, which is exactly what an AI fluency mindset looks like.
    2. You explained each skill area with clarity
    Your breakdown of prompting, critical thinking, technical understanding, workflow & safety/responsibility shows:
    You understand the purpose of each category
    You can articulate why it matters
    You can connect it to your work as a blogger & content creator
    That’s fluency already.
    3. You addressed the “confidence notice” with maturity
    Most people would get defensive. You didn’t. You acknowledged it, explained it & moved on. That’s professional.
    4. You reframed “The Dabbler” positively
    You turned a potentially discouraging label into:
    A growth identity
    A learning posture
    A realistic reflection of your current stage
    That’s exactly how professionals evolve.
    Where Your Reflection Shows Real Insight
    Prompting & Communication (57)
    You correctly identified that prompting is not about length, it’s about:
    clarity, constraints, audience, format, purpose,
    This shows you already understand the architecture of good prompting.
    Critical Thinking (45)
    You recognized the core truth:
    AI is fast, but speed is not accuracy.
    This awareness alone puts you ahead of many creators who publish AI‑generated content without vetting it.
    Technical Understanding (50)
    You captured the essence perfectly:
    You don’t need to be an engineer
    You do need to understand limitations, bias & failure modes
    That’s exactly what “technical understanding” means for creators.
    Workflow & Application (42)
    This is the most valuable insight in your entire reflection.
    You realized:
    You use AI often, But not yet systematically, & not yet in a repeatable workflow
    This is the difference between “dabbling” & “fluency.”
    Safety & Responsibility (0) You didn’t hide from it, You didn’t excuse it,You didn’t minimize it.
    You treated it as:
    a gap, learning opportunity, necessary next step
    That’s the mark of someone who will improve quickly.
    Your write‑up shows that you are:
    Self‑aware, Curious, Honest, Not threatened by feedback,Ready to grow
    Already more fluent than your score suggests
    Most importantly, you show intellectual humility, which is the single strongest predictor of long‑term AI fluency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this thoughtful and honest analysis. I really appreciate how you understood my reflection. My 49 score was not easy to accept at first, but I now see it as a starting point for learning and improving. I’m looking forward to becoming more confident and systematic in the way I use AI.

      Delete
  4. What stands out to me here isn't the 49/100. It is the willingness to publish the 49/100.

    In a world increasingly obsessed with appearing knowledgeable about AI, there is something valuable about being able to say:

    “This is where I am. This is what I understand. This is what I still need to learn.”

    And your biggest lesson is an important one: using AI is not the same as being AI fluent.

    AI can generate, analyse and accelerate at extraordinary speed, but the human being still has to question, contextualise, verify and ultimately take responsibility for what they do with the output.

    Perhaps the people who will thrive with AI won't necessarily be those who pretend to know the most.

    They'll be the ones who remain curious enough to discover what they don't know and humble enough to keep learning.

    49 isn't a verdict.

    It's a baseline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I now have a clearer understanding of my weak areas, and I’m working on them step by step. For me, 49/100 is not a limitation but a starting point to improve my prompting, critical thinking, workflow, and responsible use of AI. I believe real AI fluency comes from continuous learning, practice, questioning, and knowing where we still need to grow. Thank you for highlighting this perspective.

      Delete
  5. Appreciate your honesty here. AI fluency isn’t just about knowing the buzzwords-it’s about applying AI responsibly and effectively in real workflows. A score is just a snapshot; the real value is in the reflection and growth you’re committing to. Keep going-you’re already on the right path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation. I truly agree that a score is only a snapshot, while reflection, learning, and continuous improvement are what really matter. I’m taking this experience as a starting point to grow my AI fluency and use AI more responsibly and effectively.

      Delete
  6. That 49/100 may actually be more valuable than the 90/100 you expected! 😊

    A high score confirms what we already know; a surprising score shows us where the next level is.

    And perhaps that’s the irony of AI fluency - the better we get at using AI, the more important it becomes to know when to use it, how to question it, and when our own thinking needs to take the lead.

    Looking forward to seeing that 49 evolve. 🚀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I see 49/100 as a starting point rather than a final judgment. It has helped me identify where I need to improve—especially in critical thinking, responsible AI use, and knowing when human judgment should lead.

      Delete
  7. In my view we're entering a stage where access to the technology is becoming less of a differentiator than knowing where and how to apply it well. A 49/100 might not have been the score you hoped for, but being willing to expose the gaps and learn from them is probably far more valuable than simply being able to say you use AI. Great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I completely agree that AI fluency is not just about using the technology, but about knowing when and how to use it effectively. I’m taking the 49/100 as a learning opportunity and using it to understand my gaps and improve.

      Delete
  8. I think we're entering a stage where access to the technology is becoming less of a differentiator than knowing where and how to apply it well. A 49/100 might not have been the score you hoped for, but being willing to expose the gaps and learn from them is probably far more valuable than simply being able to say you use AI. Great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked my reflection. I truly appreciate your thoughtful words and encouragement. I believe continuous learning and understanding how to use AI responsibly are more important than any single score. Your appreciation means a lot to me.

      Delete
  9. I think we're entering a stage where access to the technology is becoming less of a differentiator than knowing where and how to apply it well. A 49/100 might not have been the score you hoped for, but being willing to expose the gaps and learn from them is probably far more valuable than simply being able to say you use AI. Great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think most evaluation tools come with their own biases and limitations, so a score of 49/100 doesn't necessarily make someone a 'dabbler.' It depends on the purpose, the real-world requirement, and the context in which the skill is being applied. Performance in a controlled environment does not always translate directly into performance in the real world.

    Rather than obsessing over a score or label, I would say: keep reading, writing, learning, experimenting, and use AI wherever it genuinely adds value. None of us is 100% proficient in every skill, and perhaps the ability to keep learning matters more than any single assessment score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I see the 49/100 as a baseline rather than a label, and the assessment has helped me identify areas where I can improve. For me, the real goal is to keep learning, experimenting, and using AI thoughtfully where it genuinely adds value.

      Delete
  11. I think most evaluation tools come with their own biases and limitations, so a score of 49/100 doesn't necessarily make someone a 'dabbler.' It depends on the purpose, the real-world requirement, and the context in which the skill is being applied. Performance in a controlled environment does not always translate directly into performance in the real world.

    Rather than obsessing over a score or label, I would say: keep reading, writing, learning, experimenting, and use AI wherever it genuinely adds value. None of us is 100% proficient in every skill, and perhaps the ability to keep learning matters more than any single assessment score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your thoughtful words and appreciation. I truly agree that continuous learning, practical experience, and the willingness to experiment matter far more than a single assessment score. Your encouraging perspective means a lot to me and motivates me to keep learning, improving, and exploring the responsible use of AI.

      Delete
  12. Sharing vulnerable, unpolished assessment scores publicly takes immense courage, and your transparent reflection gives other creators real permission to treat AI learning as an honest work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is actually a great example of the distinction between using AI and developing AI fluency. Your reflection that occasional tool use is different from having a repeatable workflow is especially important.

    What strikes me most is that a 49/100 can be more valuable than a flattering score if it creates curiosity. AI fluency isn’t about knowing every platform or crafting the perfect prompt. It’s learning when to use AI, which tool fits the task, how to question what it produces, and where human judgment must remain in the loop.

    That’s the shift from simply using AI to thinking with AI—without surrendering our discernment, creativity, or responsibility. Your conclusion captures it beautifully: using AI tools and being AI fluent are not the same thing.

    We spent five years developing the AI Universal Engine™ to bridge the AI-human gap, bringin AI precision and human wisdom into balance, a relationship that benefits people and organizations. In five days or less, the AIUE™ can perform work that traditionally requires weeks or months of consulting—analyzing the enterprise across financial, operational, leadership, workforce, process and strategic dimensions, then synthesizing those findings into an actionable executive roadmap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing such a thoughtful perspective. I completely agree that AI fluency goes beyond simply using tools—it’s about knowing when and how to use them while keeping human judgment at the center. The work you’ve done with AI Universal Engine™ sounds very interesting, and I appreciate you sharing these valuable insights.

      Delete
  14. AI fluency is not just about using tools, it’s about critical thinking, building effective workflows, and using AI responsibly. The willingness to learn from the gaps is what truly drives growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree. AI fluency is a continuous learning process, and recognizing our gaps gives us the opportunity to improve our critical thinking, workflows, and responsible use of AI.

      Delete
  15. The distinction between using AI and developing genuine AI fluency is important.

    Your willingness to examine the gaps, especially around responsible use and workflow, makes the assessment more valuable than the number alone.

    Thank you for sharing your experience.

    - James

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this mindset! A score is just a snapshot in time, but your growth oriented perspective is what truly drives mastery. Here’s to turning that starting point into an exciting journey of learning and discovery. Honest feedback is the ultimate superpower for growth. Rooting for you as you dive deeper and level up your AI skills!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

“Your feedback is valuable. Please keep comments respectful and relevant.”

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Of Visualisation

“Stop Seeking Validation and Start Believing in Yourself”

How Empathy Can Transform Your Mindset and Boost Personal Growth”